Tuesday 7 May 2013

It starts with you...

 When i read this. I am reminded that i was born for such a time as this.
My daily work involves helping the poor of the poor. I love doing this and i count it as a privileged to do so. I have met people who have reminded me over and over again that Africa is cursed and they have shown me texts in the bible to calm my nerves.  I do not have much to say about it for now, but i have a simple question. What are you doing about it?

Many times i have also heard people say or threaten God-ha! - "When i get to heaven i will ask God...blaa..bla..blaa..."the questions are more related  to why.....well, i know for sure we will have nothing to ask because then, we shall know in full. I on the other hand, i think we will be so embarrassed that we did nothing with all the hours that God will have given us breath on earth. Actually we shall be hiding with embarrassment, yes we made it to heaven but have nothing to show for it. Just in case you did not know. The message is simple.

It starts with you! Period.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. "When I get to heaven I will ask God ..." pretty much tells us that they are not asking God now. Our one prayer will not solve the world's problems - but it will put us in touch with the Lord so He may direct our paths. Then we can know what He meant when He said: And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (Matthew 25:40)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very jarring reminder that in this life we are called to do something. Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete